- In this current climate, it can be really hard making strategic decisions. Especially when it feels like the landscape is changing from one day to the next.
- Like a butterfly across a path, I came across a thread by Andy Budd that summarised things perfectly
- I've been playing with when image transforms happen on my website, making sure that my service worker only caches the final output
- I researched how best to implement WEBP, which led me to discover I'd been using the GD image library on my production server and not Imagick. I had noticed that the GD generated images looked "dull" in comparison, so it was nice to get to the bottom of the problem
Links and inspiration
- Andy Budd tweeted how corporate decision making is broken
- Ben Sauer tweeted virtual conferences and meetings are suffering from what you might call "The Tiller Effect"
- Have been enjoying the work of Brighton based Street Photographer, Chris Harrison
- Ikea launched a backgrounds website that you can use in your video calls
- Old friend Martyn Harvey released his first ever EP called "Bioluminescent Friends"
- The week started with the easing of lockdown restrictions here in France
- It also started with a "once in every 100 years " weather warning. Ironically, we were advised to stay indoors. Thankfully, it was nothing more than rain and wind - something I'm quite used to being British
- My sons teacher and head teacher have decided not to return to school when it re-opens on the 25th May
- Because of social distancing and class sizes, "school" would be 2 days out of 5, which would equate to a total of 10 days before the summer holidays arrive
- Bordeaux Metropole sent us our free washable face masks, which are to be worn on public transportation
- We headed to Entre Deux Mers for our first family weekend out post lockdown, choosing to travel inland rather than towards the sea
Read this next