- I've been playing around with RTSP servers this week. I'm trying to find a solution that allows a broadcaster to stream to a social network but allows you to embed the stream on to your own website. Initial tests with Ant Media Server looked promising, and so did the RTSP module for NGINX. The downside to "rolling your own" is the un-known bandwidth costs and server maintenance. It feels like the streaming wars have definitely begun
- I've been continuing to make small and little improvements to my website. I decided to move all the images back onto Amazon S3 and Cloudfront again. Having to sync them into dev, staging and production each time quickly became tiresome
Links and inspiration
- Cold War Steve has made me chuckle more than once this week, perhaps more than I would like to admit
- Which lead me to discover that Birmingham Museum has a large collection of public domain images available for download
- Aurélien Gérard has been posting some beautiful fractal images on his Facebook profile
- Is Cloudflare safe yet?
- It has been "half term" in lockdown land - don't ask me what the difference is...
- I'm still working in the mornings, looking after my son in the afternoons and catching up with the rest of my day in the evenings. This could all change again come May as the French Government ease lockdown restrictions
Read this next